Thursday, December 22, 2016

Short Entry: Where we are at

It has been a few years since the Winter/Holiday break was so close to the celebration of a major Holiday.  Needless to say, it has been a little stressful.  Perhaps not for the students, but for me.  So, the posts haveThwrew been a little shorter and not as frequent.

I have decided to avoid any introduction of new work until January.  For now, we are doing some review and attempting to catch up on some old work.  Building on our current explorations in Math, we did an investigation where I gave the students a number in written form and they had to write it out in standard form (regular numbers).  Afterward, I wrote out t he number for them on the paper.  At first glance, it seems they all got it correct.  My one worry was that the students changed their answers, but I was hoping for some mistakes, since we can always learn from our errors.



...to be continued

Re-test

There are a number of students who did very well on the last Math test.  I am impressed.  Still, I will take the opportunity to review the test and provide another testing opportunity.  Here is the answer sheet.