Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday, January 30, 2014

I had asked for all students to hand in a rough copy of their opinion paragraphs, so I can provide them with some constructive feedback.  I am pleased that 8 students did this and, perhaps, another one is working on it tonight.  The assignment is due tomorrow!

Here are a couple of examples of the feedback on the rough drafts.  In one case, the student added more information on the page and has now moved on to type up his paragraph:


  In a similar exercise, I introduced the students to something a friend of mine, Samantha Lanaway, did when she taught English.  She provided them with a template to organize their ideas.  Not only do the students have to write a reason -- to support the topic sentence -- but they have to add an example.  In my opinion, this will make their writing stronger.  Here is an example I provided:

This style of writing will be built upon and developed more in the second term.

There will be a test tomorrow.  THE final test for the unit on Measurement.  As always, Rewrites are available for students who score below 50%.  Play the games online, which I posted yesterday, as a way of reviewing.  We will do a final review, in class, tomorrow.

HOMEWORK
-Storytelling framework
- Media poster
-final paragraph (Opinion based)
- Parent - Teacher interview forms 

Have a good night.

No comments: