Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I Am NOT Black, You are NOT White by Prince Ea [Item of Interest for Geog], modelling a sample for the integrated Health project, Bloom + Humpty, and the Book Talk + assignment, 5 sentence paragraph assignment


I thank my childhood Best Friend, Adam Catt, for reminding me about this inspiring artist.  His name is Prince Ea.

.

As for the Health project, I decided to put myself out on a limb and do a short, spoken word performance based on Carly Rae Jepsen's song, Call Me Maybe.  One of the ideas for the project suggested by a few students was about making healthy choices in relationships.  So, I decided to use this when I changed up a few lyrics:


The students have been working with lyrics and developing ideas for their videos.  Here is a Storyboard for a video:















In Geography, the students completed a series of questions --which I am going to review, assess, and share-- relating Bloom's Taxonomy to the Humpty Dumpty Nursery Rhyme.   Here are the questions:


In Language, the first sentence quiz was reviewed and the second quiz will be returned tomorrow.  For the longest time, I have been sitting on this integrated Art/Oral Communication/Reading assignment that was based on a novel assigned back in the late Fall of 2015.  I put together the assignment and spoke in general terms about it:


While there is over a month before the presentations, I will be spending more time explaining this.  As usual, I will probably model part of the assignment, based on a book I have read.

The group in Room 52 are also practicing/working on the classic 5 sentence paragraph.  I will be looking at the work they have done, giving them some feedback, and then practicing some more.
Here is a summary of our class KWL chart on our exploration of sentences:



homework
- complete 5 sentence paragraph, if you have not completed
-review 2 Math handouts (King Henry and multiplying dividing by Powers of 10)
- Learning Skills Part 1 Journal
- continue reading novel/start thinking about Book Talk assignment (read handout provided by Mr. P)




 

No comments: