Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ed Hack App: An innovative activity for students in Room 52






So, this looks like a neat opportunity for me to stretch myself and the class by looking into an opportunity set up by the TDSB Model Schools program.  On Wednesday night, I was introduced to the ideas of this opportunity that will involve group work, collaboration, creativity,problem posing and solving, and some coding.  Ultimately, the end result will be proposing and constructing an app, which could be used on an IOS device.

Part of the project will be learning about coding.  Here are a couple of cool, and important videos, on the benefits of coding:





Here are a couple of videos about the project from last year (I believe) and a group of students pitching their ideas.  As I learn more about this project, which should last until mid May, I will share it with the class and post it on the blog.
The project has a lot of potential and I am excited to learn more about it and share it with the students from our class!  Here is the promotional page for the activity from 2014:  http://edapphack.com/

No comments: