Thursday, October 29, 2015

Challenging Stereotypes, Internet Learning in Geography, and a short Multiplication test for Friday


As we approach the end of The Lost Boys of Sudan, I thought I would share this video that a friend had shared with me.  I think it is always important that we challenge "fixed" ideas we may have about people or the communities people come from.

I wanted to gauge what learning is taking place as the students watch the documentary, along with doing other "fun" things.  The UNHCR (United Nations High Commission on Refugees) online video game (link posted at the side of the page) was also another avenue for learning for the class.  Today, I took 10 minutes to assess the learning which is taking place from viewing the film, along from playing the game.  This exercise was done in a group, where they could share their ideas.  To begin the exercise, I modeled these entries:

The Multiplication Quiz is based on the work we have been doing over the past couple of days.  It is short and follows the method I posted the other day:
















Knowledge of the multiplication table, should be known for this quiz.  You have all been encouraged to review your tables on a daily basis.


No comments: