Sunday, June 7, 2015

This American Life

On a day to day basis, I am teaching in my classroom, but I think a lot about teaching and issues relating to my Craft.  I capitalize it, because it is that special and important.

I posted a very important link from the show, This American Life back in the Fall.  It concerned the important issues of students needing to develop Non-Cognitive skills to be successful in school.  To make this clearer, I think of those skills being like the items on the first page of the provincial report cards:  The Learning Skills and Work Habits.

If you would like to listen to that show, I posted the link on the series of links located on the right side of the blog.

This show is about two high schools in The Bronx, NY.  It is American in content, but the story is universal and sheds light on how our own city of Toronto is becoming more divided along lines of Class, Income, and Ethnicity.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/550/three-miles



No comments: