Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The IEPs will be coming home today along with some information about the program in Room 52.

I will smooth out this entry, but I want to get some information up that will help with my lesson today on goal setting.


The sheet we will be working from, to continue this lesson, looks like this:
I made a slight change to it by adding in a section for the things the students need help (struggles) with.  I felt it was important for the students to understand both their strengths and struggles.

Mr Rodriguez, our school counselor, passed by to speak with the students about the transition to high school and the different requirements for graduation.  This is a conversation that will be continuing during the year leading up to the application and course selection process for high school.

Setting a goal provides you with a sense of direction and purpose and, hopefully a plan of action.  By being clear about what you want, and the direction you need to move in, you are giving yourself choices. 



There will be a Math test on Friday to close out our unit on large numbers.  I did say that I would post one of the sample like questions from a lesson I did a few days ago.  Unfortunately, I erased that but came up with a couple of photos that I think will be helpful for reviewing for Friday's test:



  There will be a review exercise on Thursday, in class, on writing cheques and making certain numbers into different forms of expanded form.  This will help with the preparation for Friday's test.

The IEPs went home today.  In the past, I have written up a note and sent home to explain what they are and have converted this note to an image for you to see.

Along with this note, I sent home a newsletter explaining some of the activities and important routines in Room 52.  Here is the newsletter:

I was going to add some more images (homework tracking chart, progress report, and homework board) but I think you are already familiar with the importance of these items.

HOMEWORK:  Completion of the Math Study sheet, outstanding History homework

NEWSFLASH!!
I did find the missing slides from Tuesday's lesson and will post them:

 

No comments: