Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Promethean Board has been up and working for the past few days now.  I am quite pleased with it and think it exceeds the performance of the Smartboard I used last year.

Aside from the flexibility of being able to supplement my lessons with this technology, it also provides the students the opportunity for some interaction.  Here are a few shots of the class at work building on a Math lesson I did yesterday.

















We have also moved into our study of History.  While we use a textbook, I am aware of the number of students who have difficulty reading.  I am going to base the program around understanding key concepts.  For the first exercise, I am asking students to scan the text and select 5 images that they think relates to History.
(We have spent some time talking brainstorming what History is and what we might learn from studying it as a subject.)

Here is a sample I did, to help the students along with understanding what is expected of them:
I have not figured out how to save images from my Promethean Board lessons yet.  This one was taken from the laptop computer.  Only jot notes were expected for this.

HOMEWORK:  Complete selection of 5 images from pp.3-13 of History textbook along with a brief explanation of the importance of it as it relates to the study of History.

PLEASE SIGN THE AGENDA AND BE AWARE OF THE HOMEWORK YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER MAY HAVE.  Thanks for your support.

There is one other thing I forgot to add.  I adjusted the sign on the front door of the classroom.  For all of the items the students are to bring in, I forgot to mention one, very crucial thing:  having a positive attitude.


No comments: