Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Part 2

There was a program that the students in Room 52 participated in last year.  It had to do with the idea of developing or understanding character strengths.  The idea behind this project  (known as the Strength Based Resilience program) encouraged the students to understand the importance of being able to cope when things in life become challenging.

I was doing some reading from the LD Online newsletter I receive (the link is one the main page of the blog) and came across this thinker, Paul Tough, who was promoting his new book, How Children Succeed.  I decided to do a search on Youtube to get a sense of who this guy was.  Here is a short video interview with Paul.

I was invited back to the program and information on the program should be given to me sometime this month.  I believe in this program and hope it is something I can extend to all of the students in Room 52.


No comments: