Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Study Sheet

Last week I started to work on a Study Sheet to prepare for this week's test.  Only 5/15 students, or 33% of the class, completed it.  This is not good.  The Study Sheet is meant to be a study aid for the students.

They create a series of questions or examples (based on the homework or classwork) and hand it in to me.  I will then provide them with feedback about what they may be missing from their sheet, so they are prepared.  Here is the sample I posted, in colour, of the topics that will be on the test.

This is the list of items on the test.  The two bottom items, in pink and red, are for the Grade 8 students.
As I looked over the Study Sheets, I did notice that Brandon put in a solid effort on his.  I have made some suggestions, for improvement, on his and will encourage him to ask me any questions about my comments.



As for the development of the Myth, I wanted to model my own writing process for the assignment.  I began by asking the question about why gorillas ended up being in zoos.  I used a three part graphic organizer to help develop these ideas more:


The second organizer, which I changed, so it will be a little clearer for the students, is here.  I have not filled all of the sections in because I need to spend some more time thinking about my story!
HOMEWORK

Complete three part graphic organizer for Myth
Complete final graphic organizer for Myth
Math test on Wednesday

No comments: