Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday

Here are screen photos of the homework questions that were worked on.  All homework is checked for completion, and suggestions for improvement are made, but the students are encouraged to make corrections when we take up the questions in class.



We may have a test before the end of the week.  Please have your son or daughter review the answers they did for this homework.  If they have any questions, I am able to copy and print notes that I make using the Promethean Board (interactive White Board).

I collected the Myth related homework that was assigned on the weekend.  I was disappointed to see that very few students did this.  I am going to post of photo of the chart.  It was taken last year, so the names do not reflect the students currently in Room 52.

Happy Faces indicate completed work + Xs indicate incomplete homework.
I am encouraging the students to take one day and one assignment at a time.  Falling into the trap of not completing work can be very discouraging for a student, once they see  a number of Xs on the chart.


The preceding two pictures our examples of work from the homework we took up.  In the first picture, there are no details or attempt to answer the question.  In the other photo, there is an attempt to show the Math involved and a sentence to answer the question.

In the examples I did on the Promethean Board, I did not write any sentences and was attempting to show the students the process in reaching and understanding the answer.

No comments: