Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday: Notes on drafting the Myth

Here is the Success Criteria chart for the Myth assignment we will be working on in class this month.  This poster will be up in the room for the duration of the assignment.  It was also on a handout for some homework for the weekend.


I am going to upload a sample of a Myth created by a former student seven years ago.  I shared this story, along with another one, on Friday to see if the students could recognize some of the Success Criteria in the pieces I read.

Angela's Myth

Ryan's Myth
I then shared a Myth that I found on the Internet created by Matt S. from Pennsylvania.  I will post an image I took from it, along with an example of planning and organizing chart.  This chart was handed out on Friday and to be used by the students to begin planning out their Myth.  I imagine this will take some more review and support, but I thought this example might help.



Homework:
- develop a plan for your Myth by using the planning/graphic organizer
- complete Reading Response (if you are not done)
- complete Math word problems (if you were not done)

No comments: