Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday

The Snack Program at AMG will be starting once again.  This form will go home today:

Parent Council Meeting:  Thursday, September 19, 2013 in Library 

TTC Photoday (mostly for Grade 8 students who use the TTC) will be on October 3 (5.25 exact change, please).

I handed back some feedback to the students on the collages they made a week and a half ago.  While I will not use the mark for the report card, I did make note of who paid attention to detail and took their time to look for the items they were supposed to find.

I will keep track of the details, if any parent or guardian is interested in the effort that was put into this assignment.  

 
We are currently reading a book called Half and Half about a young girl, named Fiona Cheng who has a Chinese- American mother and a White (so far, I am assuming she is American) Mom and is exploring some issues relating to her identity.  I am using this book as an opportunity to explore some of the issues of identity in our class community.


Today I took up the example of the Minnie Mountain Bike problem.  Here is the solution I shared with the class, along with two student samples.


I am more in the formal stages of  the Math program now and following the initial theme that the other Grade 7 and 8 teachers are doing at AMG.  I have found a way to blend in our review of Multiplication facts into these initial units.  Today, or tomorrow, we will be looking at the 9 Times Table and using a technique I learned from the JUMP Math program (I think I have a link to this program on the side of the blog...if not:  http://jumpmath.org/cms/).

Homework:
 

Using the 100s chart in the Numeracy folder, colour in the multiples of 2,3,4, and 5.  Here is a small sample to help you get started:
Pretty


No comments: