Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thursday

I have been pleased with the way the class has been working together as we settle down into some of the routines in Room 52.  There is still a lot of diagnostic assessment (to see where the students are at in the area of Math, Reading, and Writing) to get through and by next week, I am hoping to have a clear sense of direction for both the Math and Language program for the learners in 52.

I will post a couple of photos and add some notes as they relate to some of the learning we have been doing:



These two photos are related to a Math Scavenger Hunt (some of the students are not finished).  The students used a 24 daily paper to locate as many of the items on the blackboard that I posted.  The idea behind this was for the class to see how numbers and Mathematics are all around them.

Before we did this, I had the students brainstorm what they thought about Numeracy and Mathematics.  Each student took a Post-It note and wrote an idea.  I went through them and grouped them by ideas.  I will come back to this chart paper once we begin our Math in more depth.
HOMEWORK:

- return all forms signed (Junior, Jackson, Tamar, Brandon, Rasheed, Chad)
- $6 for agenda (they just arrived today)
- complete personality profiles

No comments: