Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I will add some more details to today's post, but I wanted to share some images from today's Bike Rodeo at AMG.




The pictures, with the tint of red, are from a demonstration of the history of chocolate, including the nutritional benefits of dark chocolate.  The presenter had a Cacao fruit and toasted Cacao beans and offered an explanation of how cocoa is made and how it is processed into the chocolate.  Some information may be found at:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobroma_cacao

You will see a former AMG student handing out samples of chocolate.  For a lot of students, they found it too bitter.  The processing of cocoa, and the adding of a lot of sugar, makes it a food that can be unhealthy, if eaten in excess.




















I spent some time on Wednesday going over the outline and a sample of the Book Talk.  I did a presentation, based on Lois Lowry's The Giver.  I attempted to record it as a sound file, but do not have a place to upload it.  I will be doing another sample of a Book Talk for the book The Book Thief.

I will also construct a Diorama for his project for the students to see.  They still have 2 weekends to complete this project.  For sample of a Diorama, please look at some postings from last week. 

No comments: