Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Homework:

- Math quiz on pp. 136-140

I posted a copy of my Study Sheets yesterday (all students were required to complete a Study Sheet in preparation for this quiz to assist them in studying).  Please refer to them, along with reviewing the above pages, to help you prepare for tomorrow's quiz.

We did a bit of review today and further extended our understanding into the dreaded world of Long Division.  





I pulled back from going any further with division today and will use some manipulatives to assist in understanding the last portions of this segment of our instruction in Long Division.

As a group we came up with a brainstormed list of what sort of things we should be thinking about for our Character Chair exercise relating to Lance Armstrong.  I may have mentioned this, but this Drama exercise has to do with  comprehending all the information we have been listening to and reading about Lance Armstrong.  So, rather than writing to demonstrate our understanding, we are reading and discussing the issues relating to the matter.


 Here are the list of class roles assigned for this project:

I will model this tomorrow in the role of former Canadian sprinter, Ben Johnson.  He was mentioned in the article we read about Lance Armstrong and the use of performance enhancing substances.  If you're not sure who he is, have a look at this trailer for an excellent movie, 9.79.


One last and VERY important thing.  I have been reading from the book about keeping buckets filled.  Here is a page a made a point of reading more than once.  I have scanned it for you to see.  If you would like me to print a copy for you, please let me know.  It is wisdom, summed up in 10 points:

Have a good evening.

I cheated:  a photo from the Fall

No comments: