Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Homework:

Brainstorm on your "Lance Armstrong" character in your journal. 

To assist the class with setting this up, I decided to play the role of Ben Johnson.  I believe I posted a video to give a bit of a background around the steroid scandal he was involved with in 1988.  The video I originally posted was incorrect and I will post the one that relates to the scandal. 

Ben Johnson was mentioned in the article that the students had to read on Lance Armstrong, in case you're wondering why I am mentioning him.

So, here is the brainstorm I did about the Seoul Olympics:



From there, I did a rough copy of what I was going to say, once I was "in character":

This performance will not happen until after March Break. 


The information from the articles we have read and discussions we are having in class are the backbone of this project.  As I  have mentioned, I want to see how the students comprehend the material in the article by assuming the role of a character related to the story.  Discussions on this will continue tomorrow.

A number of students are doing a great job and continuing to work on the research project for History.  They are using the blog very well to follow the assignment, which allows me to give them feedback on the research they are doing.  A number of students have not started!  The information for the project is posted on the Library blog (you may have to look through a couple of postings to see it).  This blog is linked off the main page of this blog.  

Have a good evening.

No comments: