Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The pencil sharpener was broken and fixed, by me, just before the March Break.  I took a photo of the inside of it:


Deciding to fix it, rather than toss it out, reminds me of what we need to do sometimes when things become difficult or don't seem to work.  We need to slow down, not to be too quick to throw away things that seem broken, look at them from another point of view, and attempt to problem solve.  While problems won't always be solved, taking another look is better than giving up on it.

I want to continue reviewing and practicing our sentence work.  I have posted this before, but here is Monique's homework from a few weeks ago.  All of her samples were correct:

 A great deal of time was spent on preparing for tomorrow's presentation on the Lance Armstrong saga. I was very impressed with the preparation and effort the class put into the rehearsals today.  Using the "character chair" brainstorm, we discussed how the presentations will be graded:

 HOMEWORK:  Add more to your drafts, if needed, and practice your lines.

Have a good evening. 

No comments: