Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday, September 3, 2012

Coming together

Getting ready


This will be the 18th September that I stand before a classroom and introduce myself.  Some of my students have graduated and become teachers, lawyers, pastry chefs, musicians, and body shop technicians.

Still, I feel nervous the night before and always not as prepared as I think I should be.  Like all of you, it will take a few days to settle  into the routines of the classroom.  I will be reminded of what it means to be a teacher and you will learn to get back into the habits of being a students.

I believe everyone in this class can learn but there are no shortcuts for success.  It takes hard work and effort and you will probably do things that challenge your or may not like.  Get used to it, that's a part of life.

You will be supported in this class by Mrs. Machado and myself.  Most of you will be getting ready for high school and some of you will be adjusting to life in Grade 7

SUCH INTERESTING TIMES.  ENJOY THE JOURNEY

Mr. Proudfoot and Mrs. Machado

No comments: