Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Mrs. Cimesa had her last day today.  I wish I had had the sense to have all of the students come together, along with her, for a class photo.  What I will do it post the fruit of the work of a project they worked on over the past couple of weeks for the Media stand of Language Arts.  Here are photos I took of the projects.  The students received their grades for these assignments.  There are a couple of images missing from this set of photos.  I apologize for not having them up and will post them tomorrow.

The projects, grouped together.










I will be continuing Mrs. Cimesa's focus on Media Literacy as I return to some other curriculum areas and re-orient myself to teaching full days once again.

Today's journal looked like this:

To help the students along, I began a possible entry for them. 
















As I mentioned in last week's blog entry, the Math tests were returned.   For the Grade 8s I decided that I would do a review of the most recent test.  I noticed a number of students had difficulty solving some of the lengths of the other sides of a right angle triangle when the hypotenuse was given.  Here is a sample image of what I am talking about:


After the re-teach, we will have a re-test!

I was pleased to see a couple of new names on the Level 3 and higher result sheet for the Grade 7s.  Megan and Tamar joined Junior as recipients of marks higher than 70% .  Again, I am not stressing the mark, but I see the amount of effort they put into their Study Sheet and on the test.  Excellent role models!  

There is still the possibility of doing Rewrites for some students.  This requires a certain amount of effort and persistence.  They aren't due to till Thursday.  A sample of how to do one was jotted down on the board.



Until I post again.  Goodnight.

No comments: