Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday, April 25, 2014

Homework:

Reader's Theatre project:  Presentations begin week of May 12th, 2014

Grade 8 Math:  pp. 89-90 # 3-9, 11,12 on Integers
Grade 7 Math:  p. 138 #1; p. 139 #1 ONLY on the area of Triangles

The homework for the Grade 7s involves calculating the area of a Triangle (there's that capital "T", I think I highly respect Triangles).  Since we just completed the area and perimeter of a rectangle, I thought I would naturally extend it to something closely related.  I gave the students an initial activity to see if they could solve a couple of challenges:



Once we get through this work (the initial calculations of the area), I will make the connection to Algebra.  This idea scares some of the students, but I am sure we will be able to do it.






I have tried to rotate some of the images, so you can see them the correct way, but I am having some difficulty setting them up properly.

I will upload them as they are and apologize for them being sideways.



























No comments: