Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

History Homework:

I decided to change the format of the homework and make it less text heavy (reading) and more image heavy.  So, I selected a number of images from the textbook and decided to have the students make notes on the images.  I did a sample, for the class to see and I also used our cool, new document camera to take a photo of Ariane's work.

Mr. P's notes
Ariane's jot notes from the textbook
Today we had a short quiz on division.  Before the test, I allowed some of the students to work together to review.
The process is becoming more complex and challenging and I expect to be working on "Long Division" type questions towards the end of next week.  I will then find a way to connect this work with some forms of Algebra that the Grade 8s will see next year in high school.

Report Cards were sent home today.  The interviews are on Thursday, February 14 and the morning of February 15.

HOMEWORK
- History jot notes for images (due tomorrow)
- Spelling homework (Unit work and small sentence work) due on Thursday
- pp. 132-133 Math

No comments: