Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday, December 5, 2012


On Monday, December 3rd, I was in the Identification Placement Review Committee (IPRC) meetings all day discussing high school options for our Grade 8 students.

Yesterday, the majority of the Grade 8s visited the Ontario Science Centre.  I took photos but cannot find my USB cable to transfer the photos to my computer to upload but will do it shortly when I find another cable.

I just received this information about an Art School open house at Central Tech.  I only received this today and apologize the message being at the last minute:

 This morning we are taking up the Math test from Monday and moving our way into Problem Solving involving measurement.  After this, we will be taking Math back to the essential skills of adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.

For problem solving, or the ability to solve or figure out a problem we looked at it from a basic life skill.  I enjoy doing electrical work and if I wasn't a teacher, I would be an electrician.  If a customer asked me to do some work for him or her, I would have to figure out a few things.  Here is a template I introduced to the class for a problem related to some electrical work.  We will use this template to work on future word problems.


No comments: