Thursday, December 20, 2012

If I am correct, this is the 200th post for my blog.  Cool.



The class worked on a Reading Response this morning.  I thought I would use a news story that was new and decided on the issue of the GM plant in Oshawa moving the production of the Camaro to the United States (Lansing, Michigan).  We watched the news story at this CBC website: 

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2318849140/?sort=MostRecent

Here is a Youtube clip of when the production first began in Oshawa back in 2010.
The article I used for the response came from the Toronto Star:
http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1304501--gm-in-oshawa-to-lose-camaro-production

Here is the Reading Response I modelled in the class:
Tomorrow the class will be presenting their sales pitch to the class.  Each student will have an image of their poster on the Promethean Board and then presenting their script.  Using the checklist, the students created jot notes and then a script.  Some typed and some wrote.  Today they shared them with one another, practicing for tomorrow's presentation.



I shared my script with the class and highlighted the items from the checklist to show them what they needed to cover.


The checklist used to keep students on task for the assignment
HOMEWORK
- spelling final dictation and class work
- presentation of Media scripts
- Reading Response #6

No comments: