Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday, June 2, 2014

I am back from Camp Wahanowin.  Although I do not have specific pictures of people from our class, I do have some nice shots I took in and around the campsite.  I mostly enjoyed taking photos in the evening.









I thought I was going to be away at a Track and Field event and very grateful that I was in Room 52 today.

Including the Track meet last week, I have been away for 4 days and wanted to connect with the group and set the path for the end of the year with some assignments.

I will be away at a workshop and Track meet (The TDSB City Finals) next week.

















As far as work goes, I wanted to return and add some details to the narrative paragraph assignment.  I reviewed elements of the Success Criteria to help the class along.


 To review sentence length, I returned to this sheet we used earlier in the year and provided an example of each type of sentence for them:

As for the Transitional, or linking words, they are often used to make a work of writing more clear and visual for the reader.  Here is the list, with a few examples:

I will come back to this again tomorrow, but I gave the students a sample of my paragraph and the steps I went through  to complete it.

HOMEWORK:

3 x Simple, Compound, and Complex sentences (9 in total, 3 of each kind)
Narrative Paragraph due on Wednesday

Have a pleasant evening.  Drink lots of water and wear sunscreen; if not tonight, then do it tomorrow. 

No comments: