Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday, May 20

Happy First Day of Spring
Happy International Day of Happiness.

"Happiness may have different meanings for different people. But we can all agree that it means working to end conflict, poverty and other unfortunate conditions in which so many of our fellow human beings live."
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
Message for the International Day of Happiness, 20 March 2014

I hope today, and other days, bring joy  and happiness to you.  Without happiness, a sense of optimism and curiosity, it is very hard to learn.  Do your best to remain open, curious, and optimistic about yourself and things you do everyday in the community circles you move in.

This is a documentary film that I think  I will share, at some time, with the class.  It is simply called, Happy.  Here is the Youtube trailer:



I was very happy to come across this page:

http://www.mathsisfun.com/geometry/consecutive-interior-angles.html

It has some interactive elements on angles that the Grade 8s might enjoy before taking up the homework.  Before looking at that, we'll look  at another Youtube video, which I posted earlier, but is a review of last night's homework.
 

There are Storytellers who are waiting to bring closure to our creative adventure, but we are now embarking on some other creative elements of One Point Perspective drawing.  I am not sure if that is something that should be capitalized, but I have such a high regard for artists and designers, I thought I would.  

The following images illustrate the concept of the Vanishing Point and One Point Perspective.





I will upload some rough shots of the work the students are doing as we get more into this work.

No comments: