Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy Friday: March 21, 2014

Following in the UN footsteps, declaring yesterday to be the International Day of Happiness (you have to check this link:  http://24hoursofhappiness.com/), we look at today's important date marking the need to end racial discrimination.  I will post some more information on this today, or over the weekend, but I will introduce the topic to the class by sharing my draft Prezi presentation.

A few weeks ago, I posted an example of a Prezi presentation on Herb Carnegie, a late pioneer of Hockey in Canada. I updated the presentation to give the students a sense of today's UN date and how the presentation could look and sound, in relation to the Success Criteria we developed in class.  Here is the link:

http://prezi.com/m1_dqxfxppwa/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

In light of this, I am postponing the presentations until Tuesday to ensure that all students are ready to present.  We only completed the Storytelling yesterday and some students may need time to update or edit their Prezi because they may not have access to a computer at home.  I would suggest booking some time at the public library to use a computer or making use of one in the AMG Library.  It is always available and often underused.

Here are a few images I took of some draft 1 Point Perspective pieces:

















HOMEWORK

As for this weekend's homework, it is a Reading Response for the following article:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/social-media-affecting-teens-concepts-of-friendship-intimacy-1.2543158

The Reading Response looks like this:

The Success Criteria for this exercise is this:


A sample Reading Response was posted by me a weeks ago.  It was from Thursday, March 6.  Please use this as a guide. 

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: