Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday

This past Friday there were two quizzes.  One was evaluating the understanding of Compound Sentences:

The other test was from our initial work with Base 10 blocks and our understanding of representing numbers in Expanded and Standard form. 

We will be returning to some larger numbers.  Here is a spoiler of a sheet I will be handing out:



We will be spending another week looking at large numbers and then move into looking at numbers that are less than zero.  This will usher us into our look at Metric units and measurement.

I had intended to post the answers to some homework that we took up on Thursday but forgot to.  We will come back to this sheet, the image I just posted, and some other work, before we bring this part of the unit to a close.



We will be also moving in the direction of writing Complex Sentences.  This is a type of sentence that was a part of the Grade 4 Writing program.  When the students are able to write with different combinations of sentences, it allows them to be much more creative and dynamic with their expression.

Speaking of writing, I should have the written portion of the Myth assignment marked by the end of the week.  If I have time, I may try to mark while I am at Albion Hills, but that is probably not very likely.

Have a good week.


No comments: