Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Homework for tonight.
Question 1 + 2 from textbook, p.17.

Here is question 1 a:

I got to use with the new devices we have for the students that work with the Promethean Board technology.  The correct name for the device is the Active Expression 2.  It is a hand held device that the students can type on or select answers to a question I might write.












I used the devices in Science class yesterday to ask a few questions we did before.  I did it to access some prior knowledge.  In the photo I will attach, you will see the variety of text responses I received:

After discussing the concepts of Mean, Median, and Mode in Math, I decided to put up a multiple choice question to see how the students did.  The cool thing about this method of teaching is that the students are not identified by the responses they give.

The responses are broken down, in percentage.
Cool stuff.

The set up and development of the Media/Literacy research project is underway.  Here is a screen shot, with some of the options available in the Xtranormal program:


Have a good evening.


No comments: