Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I seem to have my challenges with using the Interactive White Board in my class but I wanted to give you a sense of where we are with our work around the Strength Based Resilience program.  I would have to say that we are at the most important part of training because we are beginning to think about how we apply our strengths in different areas of our life.

While the students have not proceeded to this part of the page yet, I asked several students to share how they might use  a specific strength in the domains of the home, the community, or at school.  Here is what we came up with:

I managed to post up the posters in the class.  I think this will help the class complete the above assignment and allow them to see the strengths in others.  I think the sharing this morning was a start of showcasing some of the talents and strengths of the class.

Here is the complete (minus Johnson's, Lia's and Sandro's) set of posters that are now up on the walls of Room 52:
















In the afternoon, I continued with my reading of The Hunger Games, doing our cursive and reviewing the homework for tonight.

 The students have to come up with 2 examples/ domain of how they would use or apply their strengthsThe examples illustrated above may help with completing this.  Before signing off on the agendas, each student had to complete one example to illustrate that they knew what to do.

Jack working with his partner during Reading Buddies


No comments: