Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday, May 28, 2012

I have more details to add to this post but wanted to post a series of images from a portion of the SBR work.  The following are a collection of posters outlining each student's top 5 strengths.

The students used their tally chart to narrow down their strengths. 

Mr. P's Top 5















This is the second edit of this page.  My computer crashed and I lost all the work I posted this morning.

We are viweing James Cameron's production of Titanic.
Viweing the film, allows for a pop culture entry into the academic work that I would like to do on this subject.  The article the students were to read last week will be revisited today (Tuesday) and the movie, I hope, will make the transition into doing some reading comprehension work a little easier and more enjoyable.
The work around this subject began with doing a KWL (what I know, what I want to know, and what I learned) chart on the Titanic.  I may have posted this image already but here is a sample:

I went through all of the charts submitted by the stuents and came up with a list of questions that each group -- for the most part, they worked with partners -- generated.


I would like to compare some of these questions to the chart we used for the Health assignment from Term 1.  This will be used to compare the different level of questions that can generate higher and more critical levels of thinking (Level 1 v. Level 3/4).


In the area of Art, we are now working on doing drawings from a 2 point perspective.  Here is a sample I shared with the class that is a Level 4.  I will also add my interpretation of a 2 point perspective pieve that is, at least, a Level 3.

Ernesto:  Grade 7


Mr. P





A fun video from Youtube, involving the creation of a 2 point perspective piece may be seen here:

My apologies for the late post.

HOMEWORK:  Health quiz on Tuesday morning

No comments: