Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday, May 11, 2012

Ms. Sitarek brought this information to our attention:

This is a site, set up by TVO to help students with homework.  A friend, whom I went to the Faculty of Education with, works there and emailed me about this on the day I posted the link on the blog.


I have not checked it out yet but I will and make a few comments about it.


The theme of dance is right alongside our work in Geography and Reading.  On Wednesday, we visited Oakwood Collegiate to watch the senior students in the Dance program.  I did not take any photos of the performances but have some images of the students.










Inspired by the moves and flare, we returned to school for the groups to continue working on the dance routines.  I took some really nice shots of the groups today but the battery in the camera was drained and the shots did not turn out. 




The groups are at different stages of planning and executing their moves.  They are using this chart to guide the approach to the performances:


Members of the Junior band performed in front of the school today.   I was very proud of them.  Nick, Jennifer, George, and Mathew did a great job playing three tracks with Mr. Marshall.




There is a funny video I captured at the end of the concert.  I hope it uploads.  It is from our spunky and passionate Lia.  I am going to have to tinker with the file before posting it.  I think the settings are off.

HOMEWORK:  Geography.  p. 18 article in textbook on GPS devices.  Answer question 1 from the textbook and answer the second question I wrote on the board:  How would you use a GPS device?
Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: