Thursday, September 16, 2021

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Hello. I have been in the process of getting Brightspace ready to share with the class. All of the Students will have some time to learn about this platform and how it will work with the subects we are learning this year. I have not posted a lot for this week but will add a few items now:
This photo relates to a Writing activity today. Once it is handed in, I will write some feedback to the Students and, in some cases, begin a conversation with them about some of the answers they wrote. Often, to get the ideas flowing, I will model some answers. Here is what I wrote:
A method of helping Students keep track of their work, in addition to using their Agendas, which I will be signing off of on Monday, is the classroom tracking chart. It becomes a way for Students to have a visual reminder of what they have and have not completed. I have been using it for 2o years now and it is looking a little rough, but it does the job. It does not include marks and either has a "happy face" to indicate a completed assignment or a blank to indicate that it has not been handed in.
Today, I reviewed, and will continue to review and speak to, the development of habits related to doing Homework. Here is the chart and steps I will keep coming back to:
I would characterize our first week of school for 21-22 to be about learning to stretch our minds once again, remembering how to think and how to develop some of the learning skills and work habits that may have been underused during the 20-21 school year. I am very pleased to be in Room 102 and enjoying the students in 8.2.

No comments: