Saturday, September 2, 2017

Classroom Prep & a list of initial supplies

The first day of school is fast approaching.  The new room, 217, is set up and ready to go and will become real when the students arrive on Tuesday morning.



Last year, the Grade 6s from both Pauline and Dovercourt received a sheet outlining what supplies they will need for Grade 7.  I posted that list on the blog last Spring, but I took a snapshot of a Memo that Ms. Broughham will send home on Tuesday.

The agenda and lock are $5 each.

What will be new for the Grade 7s is the use of a binder, dividers, and paper for the various subjects.  For now, there are both types of paper in Room 217.  I will be providing a notebook for Journal Responses and will be moving toward a lined paper system for the subjects I teach: Language, Mathematics, and History/Geography.

I am very excited about moving back up to Intermediate division.  Adolescents are very enthusiastic and open-minded.  There will be lots of learning all around.  I will be learning about Google Classroom"s teaching potential and adjusting my lessons based on the reality of Rotary Further details about the year will be coming on Tuesday.   

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  



  

No comments: