Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday, June 11, 2011

I decided to create a sample paragraph for the migration paragraph I assigned last week.  It is based on a conversation I had with my wife about moving from Trinidad to Canada.

Carla first came to Canada from Trinidad when she was 19.
Her dad was living in Toronto and she was going to be a student
at York University.  She was unprepared for the cold, harsh
winter in Toronto and had many regrets about coming.  
Carla felt very lonely, at times, but made a lot of new  friends.
Now, she is happy to call Toronto her new home.

I wanted to upload an example of the chart I asked the students to do to monitor their community activity.  I am also going to include a map where I marked off some of the places I visited.  The point is not to go as many places as possible to fill up the chart but to track some of the activities you might do over a number of days.


 
This work will be reviewed on Monday morning.


In terms of the SBR work, we are not thinking about how to apply the signature strengths to everyday, challenging situations.  This is where the theory is put into practice.  I demonstrated this
by doing an example on the SMARTBoard.  I kept this example up while the class worked on completing one example from the SBR workbook.  For homework, they will be required to complete
three different examples in three different domains (areas):  at home, at school, and in a social situation of choice.

In the afternoon, we had our Jump Rope for Heart event.  Here are some photos from a fun filled afternoon.





































Fun!!

No comments: