Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This has been a very busy time of year and I have not posted for a few days.  At this time of year, a lot of learning is being consolidated in preparation for the completion of the report cards.

The Grade 8s are currently working on an in class Science project on the human body and the Grade 7s have been doing some work related to structures and mechanisms.  They will be building some structures over the next few days and I will be posting some photos as they get further into their work.

After an extensive review, the Grade 7s had their final Geography test on absolute location.  I modified the test and did a review of the last test.  It is my aim that none of the students fail and I will find out as soon as I mark them. Similarly in Math, the students reviewed a study sheet I prepared and sent home on Friday for a test this afternoon.  As soon as those results are know, I will inform the students.

The students are always informed, in advance, of major quizzes and tests and reviews are always done to ensure that the students are not given forms of evaluation or assessment without being aware of what they have to do.

The Show and Tell, scheduled to begin today has been moved tomorrow due to an unforeseen complication in the class involving the iPhone and iTouch devices used for the University of Toronto study of the myVoice app from iTunes. 


The Bixi bike comprehension quiz will take place tomorrow morning.  I shortened the article that I posted last week.  The quiz will include multiple choice questions and short answer questions. 

No comments: