Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A few snapshots and the move towards Google Classroom

Hopefully, most of this blog's audience will have taken a look at the Classroom sections on Google Classroom.  In posting some assignments, links, and information there, I have not been as active in this space.  Still, I will post from time to time.

Fall is always a busy time in school.  With almost 8 weeks under our belts (we're knocking on 2/10, 1/5, or 20%), we are approaching the Progress Report season.  Parent-Teacher interviews will be happening on the evening of November 16 and the morning of November 17.

Here are a few shots:


As we near the end of our look at Order of Operations (using the rule of BEDMAS), we played a version of BINGO involving the computation of Mathematical expressions.  I may use this as a review strategy for when we evaluate this unit.  I also have another game, relating to factoring, that we may do before the next test.  
UPDATE:  As I was contemplating adding another photo, I accidentally deleted the entire post, which is quite frustrating. So, it may not be an engaging as it was about 5 minutes ago.

The homework that is being put up on the board is now posted on Google Classroom.  Every student is responsible for checking to make sure that they are understanding the homework.  It is also being tracked for completion.  I do not grade homework, but it is something which should be completed and a part of developing a greater sense of responsibility.
For one of the questions on the Grade 8 Math, it involved a word problem about joining a Gym.  I often want to find connections between what happens in the real world and the items we study and learn about in school.  So, I found some information about the membership rates of the Planet Fitness gym at Galleria Mall:  http://www.planetfitness.ca/offers/1053


There were a few shots, I took with my phone, from our visit to Stratford a couple of weeks ago.  Here are a few shots of our class members on stage during the Prologue workshop:




Goodnight


No comments: